1/04/2011

Jesse McCartney's Interview with SoundSpike


Read below, Jesse McCartney's interview with SoundSpike about his forthcoming album, Have It All.

Multi-hyphenate entertainer Jesse McCartney spent his holiday season debuting tracks from his album "Have It All," due out in the first quarter of 2011.

"I've done a bunch of radio shows," McCartney told SoundSpike via telephone from a tour stop in Hershey, PA. "I've been out with my band performing a lot of the new songs from the album. So far, the response has been great. This is the first time I'm playing some of the new material live, and I've been online checking out what the fans have been saying. Overall, the response has been positive. I think they're a little bit anxious, which is exactly what we want."

Fans who didn't attend his shows still have received a sneak peek of the album, as the song "Shake" was released as the first single. "Shake," the video for which debted on E! News in mid-November, has surpassed the 100,000 sales mark.

"I wanted to make a record that was pushing the envelope a little bit more in the rhythmic R&B world," McCartney said. "If you listen to my early albums, particularly my debut album, "Beautiful Soul," it's definitely straight down the middle pop. Then, four albums later, there's definitely been an evolution. I scratched the surface on the R&B tip. I wanted to vocally challenge myself and make an album that represented what I grew up listening to, which is soul music and R&B music. There are a lot of fun dance tracks and a couple personal songs as well. There's a little something for everyone, with the center of it being this R&B record."

For the new album, McCartney worked with some of pop's top producers -- Sean Garrett (Usher, Jay-Z), Ammo (Katy Perry, Ke$ha), Kevin Rudolf (Lil' Wayne, Leona Lewis), Young Yonny (Trey Songz), and Danjahandz (Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears).

"I had a great group of people helping me out," said McCartney, who starred in ABC Family's 2009 comedy/drama series "Greek." "We really sort of came together to crystallize that goal. Sean has been a good buddy of mine for awhile. He was on my last album. We're definitely going to turn people's heads."

No comments:

Post a Comment